Thursday, January 5, 2012

Peanut Noodle Salad

Today is Day 4 of PCRM's 21-Day Vegan Kickstart. I forgot to post yesterday. I didn't try any new recipes, but I wanted to post what I ate anyway. So, here's what I had: breakfast - green smoothie and yogurt with granola; lunch - tomato and fresh basil with rice crackers, hummus/salsa with carrots, and oranges wedges; snack - Clif crunch bar; dinner - leftover Southern beans and greens

Today has been: breakfast - green smoothie; lunch - Southern beans and greens, salsa/hummus with rice crackers, and salad; dinner - Peanut Noodle Salad and roasted potatoes.

The Peanut Noodle Salad was the latest recipe that I've tried from Vegan on the Cheap. This one was a big win! Everyone loved it. I got thumbs up all around. It was easy, cheap, and healthy! I did things a little differently. I used wide rice noodles instead of linguine and Bragg Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce to make it gluten free. I didn't bake the tofu. I put a little oil in a pan and cooked the tofu with some Bragg. I didn't put in red pepper because when I pulled mine out it was going bad. Oops. The recipe was great! I highly recommend it.

No comments: