Saturday, January 7, 2012

Curried Lentil Soup and Buckwheat Blueberry Pancakes


I was going to try and blog for each day of the 21-Day Kickstart, but I keep forgetting! Yesterday's food consisted of:
Breakfast - green smoothie
Lunch - Curried Lentil Soup and leftover Peanut Noodle Salad (pictured above)
Dinner - Curried Lentil Soup, carrots/celery with guacamole

I tried this recipe Curried Lentil Soup yesterday, and I LOVED it! I changed it up a bit to make it gluten free. I added two less cups of broth, cooked some quinoa and added that at the end of the cooking. This recipe is fantastic, and I highly recommend it!

Today, I had a choir retreat, so it was a potluck. I made the Peanut Noodle Salad recipe to take. For breakfast I made Buckwheat Blueberry Pancakes. This is another recipe that is a big WIN! These are gluten free and delicious. They are very Southern, and well, being Southern, I LOVE them!

Lunch was potluck, but I stuck with Peanut Noodle Salad, a dish my friend made with brown rice, black beans and some chopped up veggies with some salsa on top, and a few grapes.

I had a snack of a Lara bar and dinner was a soy yogurt with granola.

No comments: