Sunday, January 8, 2012

Broke Bean Stew and Ambrosia Salad


Today's dinner was fabulous! I tried two new recipes. One I got from PCRM's 21-Day Vegan Kickstart, and the other one came from The Biggest Loser website. Broke Bean Stew is super healthy, super easy, and super tasty! Be forewarned though - if you use the amount red pepper flakes that it calls for, it will be SPICY! I didn't put in what it called for, and it was still spicy. It was perfect for me, and my older two daughters liked it, too. Everyone else thought it was too spicy, so I'll have to tame that down next time. :) I put extra spinach in the bottom of my bowl then ladled on the soup.

The ambrosia salad was simple, but it was really tasty! Everyone loved it. Here is the video about how to make it:


The rest of the day's food looked like this:
Breakfast - a Lara bar and a green smoothie
Lunch - a veggie/tofu stir fry with brown rice and a green salad with peanut dressing (my son and I had a day out today, so we went to Thai Basil for lunch)
Snack - a square of dark chocolate - yum!

No comments: