Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Green" smoothie


I love my Blend-Tec blender. I think I could blend a tire with that thing. It wouldn't be very tasty though, so I stick to edible things! One of the healthier things I make is our morning "green" smoothie. Trey really likes them, and so does Olivia. The older two will drink them, but they prefer peanut butter/banana smoothies. Here is what I put in them:
about 2-3 C spinach
1 1/2 C water
4 dates
1 large banana
1 scoop ground flax
1 scoop probiotic powder (for both of these I use the scoop that came with them)
I blend that up really well, then I add:
1 C frozen blueberries
1 C frozen raspberries (or other frozen fruit)
Blend really well and enjoy! This amount is enough for Trey and I to share, and sometimes Olivia has some, too.

2 comments:

Chicasmama said...

This is the best green smoothie ever. My whole family loves it. My 1 and 2 yr old can't get enough of it. I also like to add in some bee pollen. Thanks so much for this recipe, it is enjoyed on the daily.

Misty said...

Hooray - I'm glad you liked it!