Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Molasses and Beans Hot Pot


Okay - apparently I have found a new way to know if you are addicted to blogging! Tonight I ate my dinner, and then realized that I hadn't taken a picture of it to put on my blog, so I filled up my plate again, so I could take a picture. LOL. I made a recipe that I haven't in a while called Molasses and Beans Hot Pot. The original recipe comes from Vegan Delights by Jeanne Marie Martin. I also made a Greek Salad, and that original recipe was given to me by my friend Mirjam. I made some roasted carrots and fried potatoes with it. It was yummy. Here's my modified recipe for the Hot Pot.
2 cups dried pinto beans
1 chunk of kombu
soak the beans overnight, and then cook them until tender and the kombu pretty much dissolves.
Then add:
1 onion, chopped
3/4 cup blackstrap molasses
3/4 cup ketchup
4 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
1/2 tsp dried mustard
1/2 tsp salt
Cook 20-30 minutes over low to med heat until onions are tender.

Here's the salad recipe:
spinach
tomatoes
red onion, thinly sliced (which we didn't have tonight because I forgot to get one at the market!)
marinated artichoke hearts
grated carrots (which I also forgot)
Greek olives
Feta cheese
Dressing:
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 of 3/4 cup white wine vinegar (yep - you read that right! LOL!)
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/8 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
ground black pepper
Shake well and pour over salad.

No comments: