Wednesday, December 3, 2008

TVP tacos and mock sour cream


Tonight's dinner was fabulous! Everyone loved it. It's was completely vegan and almost gluten free (it will be the next time I make it). I'm glad it turned out so good because it took every ounce to energy I had to make it!!! *sigh* This pregnancy will be over someday, and I will have a beautiful baby to show for it. Anyhoo - dinner consisted of corn tortillas, TVP taco filling (from The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook - I liked it, but I'm going to change it up a bit when I make it next - then I'll post a recipe), a "cheese" sauce (Here's the original recipe: "cheese" recipe. I made it a bit differently, and I am going to make it gluten free next time - we'll work on that later. It was pretty good though - a bit thick.), mock sour cream (recipe below), lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, salsa, and hot sauce. Man, it was so good, and I am really thrilled that I didn't vomit any of it up!!! LOL. Nice thing to put on a food blog, eh? Oh well, it's MY food blog. LOL.
Here's a happy customer!

Mock Sour Cream
1 cup raw cashews (rinsed well)
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
Blend in a high powered blender until smooth and creamy.

I even got the kiddos bentos made for tomorrow. I showed Beth hers, and she said, "It's so cute!" LOL.

No comments: