Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lots of fruits and veggies

My quest to add more living foods to my diets is continuing! My first goal is to get to 50%. I'm going to have to get creative to keep my husband interested. He's "tired" of salads - which, really, is tough, but I don't want him to get burned out. I do want to grow old with him! So, I'm going to have to put more planning into our meals. Of course, I can only do what I have energy for!

Today, I had a midwife appointment, and I stopped to get gas. Livi saw a picture of donuts in the window and wanted one. I said no, so she wanted spaghetti! Yea, I'm not sure of the line of reasoning there, but we went home and made some marinara with onion, pepper, tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and zucchini. I cooked some gluten free pasta with it. Then I marinated some sliced fresh mushrooms in olive oil, lemon juice and Bragg (got the idea from Karen Knowler). They were good, but they definitely need to marinate for a couple of hours before eating them. We had a big green salad with the pasta.

After school snack today was soy yogurt with fresh strawberries, blackberries, kiwi, and banana.


for dinner, we had tofu satay with a raw satay sauce (made with raw tahini, miso, orange juice, cayenne, and some other stuff I can't remember!). The recipe came from a book called Alive in 5. We had another big salad with dinner! Yep, I definitely need to get a little more creative. LOL. Ah well, it was good, and I am definitely starting to feel better.

We had a healthy day AND the kids' bentos are packed for lunch tomorrow!

No comments: