Monday, December 15, 2008

Gazpacho

Tonight we had a pretty good gazpacho. The kids liked it well enough, but next time I'll blend the onion and pepper into the tomato juice. They liked the taste, but they don't like biting into raw onions! I've been a mom for nine years. I can't believe I made such a rookie mistake! LOL. The recipe was super easy. I saw it on Living Fresh with Sarah Snow. I chopped up five tomatoes, a small onion, some red pepper, cucumbers, and celery, got some corn defrosted and put some no-salt seasoning and olive oil and put it all in a big bowl. Next, the whole mix was drowned in tomato juice and voile - gazpacho. We had some rice crackers with it. My quest to add more living foods into our diets is going well so far!

For desert I made a sweet rice-ish type thing with mangos. That was gobbled up quickly!!!

This gadget is the coolest! I used to hate cutting up mangoes, but this gadget makes it way easy. Love it.

This picture is of the raw flax crackers that we started yesterday. They are - eh, at best. We might play with the recipe and see what we can come up with. They might be okay with some kind of dip or spread. We'll see.


No comments: