Saturday, December 6, 2008

Noodle salad and glazed carrots


Ray and I cooked dinner together tonight. He went shopping with me for ingredients, too. We made Miso-Sesame Noodle Salad from Vegetarian Times and Glazed Carrots, a recipe I found in Real Simple. The noodle salad was okay. We ate it, but I don't think we'll make it again. The glazed carrots were pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of carrots, but the boys really liked them. They were easy, too, so I imagine they're going to become a pretty regular thing in our house! We made them by quartering a bunch of fat baby cut carrots - enough to fill up the bottom of my cast iron skillet. Then added 1 1/2 tablespoons of Earth Balance, spread out in pieces over the carrots, then sprinkled 1 tsp of sugar on them. Then we put water in the skillet to about halfway up the sides of the carrots and cooked them on low-medium heat until the water was reduced to a glaze and the carrots were soft. We also had some Glutino herb crackers with dinner. They were pretty good.

No comments: