Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Millennium

I haven't been posting much lately because we've been on vacation, and then when we got home, we went back to eating gluten and dairy. We'll be getting tested soon, and we need to have accurate test results. So, we are trying to get in all the foods we may never get to eat again in the next two weeks!



Last October/November, we all took a trip to San Francisco. I was very excited to try the cuisine at the famed Millennium restaurant in the Hotel California. I thought I'd take a little time and blog about that! It was a very upscale restaurant. When our family of six invaded them (we had a reservation, of course!), they were prepared with a big table for us. This restaurant has been named the best by Veg News for a couple of years at least. We looked over the menu and ordered, and then started with the bread and lentil spread that was on the table. We were excited for our meals because the bread and spread was fabulous! Unfortunately, we were really disappointed with our meals. They were plated beautifully, as you can see from the pictures. Beth Ann ordered a soup, that she said she liked. I tried it and gagged. I nearly spit it out. Trey ordered a "raw"violi that he only ate because he was starving. Ray ordered a black bean dish that was pretty disgusting. The dish that Olivia and I ate was good. It was a portobello mushroom dish. It was absolutely not worth the money we paid for it though.


The one true highlight of the meal was the desert. I wish I'd gotten a picture of it. It was a vegan, nut-based "cheese"cake that was to die for! Overall though, we were severely disappointed. We felt like the restaurant was overrated and overpriced.

2 comments:

Loelle said...

What a let down!! I like to visit vegetarian restuarants when I am out of town, since we have so few around here. We went to a fancy place here in Denver (NOT veggie) once for our anniversary, very expensive, and were incredibly let down. THe service sucked, the food was mediocre, the people were rude. Sigh.

Misty said...

That is disappointing. The people there were great - it was just the food.