Monday, June 2, 2008

Coconut Cakes


I'm going to blog more in depth about a cookbook called Gluten-Free French Desserts and Baked Goods when I have more time. Let's just say that it is a fabulous book, and I highly recommend it. I made the Coconut Cakes out of it tonight. I made them once before and they were good, but they needed tweaking - mostly in the cooking times. My husband really liked them. They taste sort of like a macaroon. The picture of them isn't great, but trust me - they are good! Here's my version of them:
1 C grated coconut
2/3 C sugar
2 egg whites
1/3 C white rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
about 1/3 C chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 420. Mix coconut and sugar then mix in egg whites. Add flour and baking powder. Grease a muffin tin. Fill the muffin tins about 1/3 full and pat them down a little. Bake for ten minutes at 420. Lower heat to 390 and cook for 8 more minutes. Melt chocolate and dip half of each cake into the melted chocolate. Let cool and enjoy!!!

For dinner tonight we just had baked potatoes and a salad. The salad looked so pretty though I had to take a picture. I was a food nerd before, but blogging has sent me over the edge!

No comments: