Wednesday, November 7, 2007

bean dip

I've posted on a vegetarian board for bean dip recipes. I figure I can use these for the kids' lunches. They love to dip stuff. I made a version of one today. It was really yummy. My two youngest kids tried it and liked it. The baby begged for it! I made it with:
1 can of low fat, vegetarian refried beans
1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
1 can diced green chiles, 4 oz can, I think
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dried cilantro
1 tsp coriander
1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
Mix in the food processor.
I spread that on corn tortillas and cooked them with a little olive oil. It was really good. I don't know how that would work for one of the kids lunches. I think it might not taste very good on the tortillas if they sat for long. I'll probably put some in their lunches with some tortilla chips and veggies to dip.

No comments: