Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tofu and spinach with coconut-peanut sauce


This is the dish I mentioned before. I know I have a habit of saying that I'm going to play with a recipe and then post it, and then I don't! Well, this time I'm actually posting one that I've played with! The original recipe came from Delicious Living, and it's supposed to be for the slow cooker. I haven't made it in the slow cooker yet though. Everyone in my family LOVES this recipe, and eats every bite of it. Here is the delicious recipe:
2 13.5 oz cans coconut milk
2/3 C peanut butter
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp cayenne
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
19 oz firm tofu, drained, pressed, and cubed
3 large handfuls of spinach
2 C brown rice

Cook rice. Put everything but rice and spinach in a big pot. Cook over very low heat for 20 minutes. Add spinach and cook about 5 minutes more. Mix in rice and serve with Bragg and Sriracha. Delicious!!!

No comments: