Sunday, December 14, 2008

A day of obsessive foodiness!

Yea, I don't think foodiness is a word, but oh well! It was snowy outside and lazy inside today. I spent the bulk of the day surfing around the Internet on other food blogs and watching videos by raw foodist Karen Knowler. I also spent some time making a recipe index for the recipes that I have put on my blog. I tried several new things today that I got from the Internet. All of the new recipes, so far (we still have flax crackers in the dehydrator) have been a success!

First, we made chocolate nut mylk! That is a recipe that will be making frequent appearances in our home. It was quick, easy, nutritious, and yummy. I think it would be really good with a blended frozen banana. We'll have to try that soon.

Here's Karen's video on how to make it:

For dinner we made nori wraps - another idea we got from Karen. Mine had avocado, tomato, cucumber, carrot, red pepper, pickle, red onion, spinach, and romaine inside of it - simple, nutritious, and delightfully yummy. I think we'll be putting many things inside nori sheets. The other thing we made were sweet potato fries. I got this idea from a fellow veggie blogger. These were a huge hit. I thought we would have a ton, but they cook down quite a bit. I cut the amount of cayenne in half for my hubby. He's not a huge fan of spicy stuff. He grew up in Texas, a.k.a. the land of sour cream and cheese. I think next time I'll put the full amount in because they really weren't very spicy. Here is the link to her recipe. It is delicious.

Here is Karen's video on the nori rolls:

After our fabulous dinner, we had a fabulous desert. Another recipe that I got from another fellow veggie blogger (one who incidentally is also pregnant and due in May - cool). These are raw fudge balls. My self-avowed carob hating husband ate two of these without realizing he was eating carob! I'm not going to tell him - yet. These were totally easy, and everyone liked them. These fudge balls are a desert I don't mind feeding everyone! Don't they look good?

No comments: