Monday, January 9, 2012

BBQ style portobellos and tofu


This picture is awful! I snapped it though as I was grabbing my food and running out the door! I had a major rehearsal to get to tonight, so there was no time for retakes. Hopefully it'll give you the idea though. I'm in week two of PCRM's 21-Day Vegan Kickstart, and I tried another of their recipes tonight. It was FABULOUS! I completely and absolutely loved it. It's called Barbecue style portobells, and it is supposed to be just for portobello mushrooms, but only a couple of us in my house like mushrooms. I made some baby 'bellas with the recipe, but I also sauteed some onions and tofu for the rest of the sauce. I doubled the sauce using Bragg Liquid Aminos for soy sauce to make it gluten free. This recipe is easy and delicious. I ran out of mild chili powder yesterday, so I cut the amount of chili powder in half and used chipotle chili powder. It was a tad spicy! Oops. My older girls and I liked it (although the younger one said it was a little too spicy), but apparently the rest of the family said, "TOO SPICY!" I really liked the smoky flavor of the chipotle though, so next time I will add one tsp of chipotle chili powder and three tsp of mild chili powder (remember I'm doubling the recipe). I will also add more vegetables with the tofu. Delicious! I highly recommend it.

Today's food consisted of:
Breakfast - cinnamon-raisin oatmeal
Lunch - leftover Broke Bean Stew, hummus/salsa and rice crackers, carrots, and tomatoes
Snack - Clif Crunch bar, a dark chocolate square, and a banana
Dinner - BBQ baby 'bellas, tofu and onions, roasted potatoes, steamed carrots, and guacamole and tortilla chips

No comments: