Monday, April 21, 2008

Ack! I'm the world's worst blogger! Okay, so I was never any good at keeping a diary either - even when I was a teenager and full of angst. LOL. I tried a new mix last night that wasn't too bad. It was a biscuit mix from Deby's. I definitely need to add more soymilk than it calls for next time and make sure I squish the biscuits together when I put them in the muffin tins. They did not have the texture of biscuits, but they did taste pretty good. I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be using them occasionally when we have a craving for Southern biscuits and gravy! I need to make them again and play with the ingredients a little.

I've also tried some bread mixes that are okay lately. Gluten free pantry has a sandwich bread mix that was pretty good. It mixed up well in the bread maker which was nice. The bread had a decent taste and texture. I don't think any gf bread will ever replace wheat bread, but this will work for the occasional sandwiches. My husband really misses having a good sandwich. I also tried Whole Foods 365 gf sandwich bread mix. It also mixed up well in the bread maker and had a good texture and flavor. I think I preferred the Gluten Free Pantry, but Whole Foods 365 wasn't too bad. At least it will work when my family starts begging for sandwiches!

No comments: