Friday, April 6, 2007

Well after crushing my finger in the van door and having to rely on my husbands cooking for a couple of weeks (his specialties are frozen pizza, sloppy joes and nachos) we are back to eating healthy again. My parents are doing a gluten free diet now, so they are helping me stay on track. I went shopping yesterday and got a cart full of healthy foods. I also found a type of soy chorizo that is wheat free! Hooray. I'm trying to mostly stay away from processed stuff and "replacement" food, but was nice to find that. We had some last night in scrambled eggs. We also had some yummy honeydew melon, homemade guacamole and tortilla chips. Not the healthiest meal but not too bad either. I was exhausted after running all day yesterday, so it's lucky I did open the fridge and tell the kids to fend for themselves! LOL. Just kidding, of course. Tonight I am making a vegetarian chili that is really yummy. It's cold and snowing here today, so it is a perfect day for chili. Tomorrow I am planning on making BBQ tofu, steamed broccoli, mashed potatoes, and a salad.

No comments: