Monday, March 28, 2011

New green smoothie


I tend to stick to the same old same old when it comes to green smoothies just switching it up very little. I saw a recipe for a very different smoothie on another food blog, and I thought I'd try it. It has a pear, a banana, a bunch of parsley, blueberries, and water. I decided to put in a couple of dates because I like my smoothies sweet. I was very curious to see what it would taste like, and I was pleased! The parsley adds a sort of minty taste to the smoothie. I will definitely keep the dates in it though. It added just enough sweetness. I did take a picture of mine, and hopefully I'll get it up on the blog soon. For now, here's the original recipe with a picture! Enjoy.

(okay - picture is added! It's not the greatest picture in the world due to the lighting, but it was a yummy smoothie. For the record, I got tired or waiting on the hubs and just figured it out myself. I am woman - hear me roar! LOL.)

No comments: