Monday, March 9, 2009

March Madness Bentos


My daughter's school intramural basketball tournament starts tomorrow. So, in honor of that, I made her a special bento for lunch tomorrow. The "basketball" is half an orange that I drew on (Yes, I know - my artistic skills are lacking! LOL.) Also in the top tier is a peanut butter "sandwich" on a gf graham cracker with words in chocolate sauce, just raspberries, and gf pretzels. The bottom tier has peanut rice noodles with carrots and broccoli.

For dinner tonight, I made orange-chile broccoli stir fry with rice, and a salad with a peanut sauce. The sauce was adapted from a recipe in an Asian cookbook my darling husband got me for Christmas. It was okay, but it was very vinegary. It definitely needs work. The salad was romaine, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and tofu.

No comments: